Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yes to the Dress!


The reason I've been slightly MIA this past week is because I was participating in this.
and lucky for me, Nordstrom is amazing or I wouldn't have had my dream dress! I just must share the story because it's too good to be true all around:
Way back when I was hardly thinking about what dress I was going to wear for the program, we had bought this glittery number.
It was on sale and wasn't my size, but we figured we could alter it, should the need arise. Well, as it got closer we found a different dress, and sent it to the seamstress to be altered, and I wasn't going to see the dress until mere days before the program. So, when I went to my fitting, I sadly found that it just wasn't the perfect dress (I could not say yes to the dress :)
We knew we had this other option at hand, and started to think about how we could get it work instead. The dress was a little short on me, and needed to be taken in, lengthened etc... We had been meaning to buy another dress to be able to add a piece at the bottom, but had missed out because it was no longer online! BUT Here's the best part....
We called Nordstrom to see if they could locate any in store. They gave us four stores, and one just happened to be my Nordstrom! We called and the girls said they had never seen it etc... but then, one awesome employee (I forgot her name, but we brought her a cupcake for her feat) searched high and low and found us the dress! And better yet, in my size! No more needing to be taken in, perfect perfect dress all around! So we took a quick field trip, and with my mothers impeccible sewing capabilities, were able to pull off the perfect dress within days!
And here's my favorite dress I've ever owned...
All thanks to an awesome employee who made the effort to search, and to BP for carrying such a gorgeous dress in the first place!
Oh yes, and I won!
XO ROSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment