Friday, August 12, 2011

How To Avoid An Overpacking Dilemma


Remember when I 'packed' for a little trip to central California? Well, that trip took place indeed! It was a nice laid-back week with cousins and family - sometimes that's all you need to break up the summer bore! I must admit that I wore the same pair of shorts for the first three days, after completely over packing! It was inevitable seeing as I didn't pack until the morning of.
AS a result of my lack of organization, I thought I'd mention a few staples I discovered on the trip when all I realized I needed was the bare minimum! Now presenting...
Minimalistic Packing for Family Vacations:

1: A perfect pair of shorts. Like I mentioned, I wore them 95% of the time I was there, completely ignored my jeans and even my maxi skirts! Find a basic that works for you, and don't be scared to wear it (a lot!) The truth is, no one notices on trips like this!
2: T-Shirts. For being the complete opposite of a t-shirt and jeans girl, I sure did love my t-shirts this trip. Bring easy style to your tee by getting them in interesting cuts and patterns. A cool crop, loose fit, or pretty pattern keeps your outfit simple yet styled!
3: TOMS will make your day! I brought a pair of flats and my TOMS and I got much more use from my TOMS, let me tell you! What can I say about them that has not already been said? Easy, comfy, perfect vacation material!
4: Swimsuit - of course!
5: No-hassle accessories, including one pair of sunglasses, one neutral go-with-anythingheadband, and a perfect bag for carrying the essentials. I loved my sunnies this trip, never bothered to fix my bangs, and found myself in a funk when needing to go out but only had a backpack to carry a simple cell phone and camera!
Two or three variations of those five things makes for success in avoiding over-packing!
I hope you had some fun vacations this summer! (That you were more prepared in terms of packing for than I!) Here's to ramping up for school! XO ROSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment