Wednesday, August 17, 2011

That's a Wrap!


This fall, I'm in love with headscarves. See here and here.
I found some vintage scarves in California and have been wrapping my tresses in them ever since I got back. They add a touch of vintage boho charm to any outfit, and are a cool alternative to a headband (and a great bad hair day saver!) 
They're a little tricky to figure out how to tie at first, so I thought I'd make you a tutorial! 
Using one of my favorite scarf finds (and wearing the cute shirt BP sent me, thank you!)
YOU WIll NEED: A square scarf that's fairly big, yet fairly thin so it doesn't end up being too bulky wrapped around your head. My scarf measures about 30"x30"
STEP ONE: Fold your scarf in half along the diagonal, as pictured.
STEP TWO: From the corner, start folding your scarf down about two inches and continue until it's long and 2" wide. As pictured.
STEP THREE: (Here's where me and my little brother's mirror picture taking skills come in!) Put your scarf at the back of your head with the ends up and forward. 
STEP FOUR: Pull the scarf around tightly and cross the ends over each other
STEP FIVE: (this part is a little hard to articulate) Then pull the ends back the way they were at first, so you get a little criss-crossy knot front and center.
 STEP SIX: Pull the ends all the way around to the back again, and tie a little knot.
Voila! That is how you tie a headscarf! This really works with your hair up or down, my hair just so happened to be in a messy top bun.
What's your fall accessory obsession!?
XO ROSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment