Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stuck in a Winter Rut.


By mid-winter I always find myself getting a bit of a 'writers' block (dressing wise) as I try to find new ways to rework my winter wardrobe. The spring runway collections and store's new inventory is still a little seasonally inappropriate (chiffon tops don't do well in 15 degree weather.)
Which is why I am here to help you think of some new ways to rework your winter wardrobe, and tweak the upcoming trends to work in the winter weather! 
First up... crop tops
A delightfully comfortable option as a cover-up at the beach, or with a cami and shorts for relaxing over spring break (none of which we are doing as we trudge through snow and study up for finals.)
Put a twist on your top by wearing it over a maxi dress! (I love those things.) Your look is complete with a snuggly scarf and worn with boots, gives your look an edge, and practicality! 
Try pairing a dress like this Velvet Torch Racerback Maxi Dress...



And with these cozy kicks!


Next... T-shirts & Jeans
The staple that many of us find ourselves falling back into as 6 am wake-up calls to catch our buses, and school days seem to be lengthened by the frozen landscapes outdoors. However, there is hope. Even if you're not a regular tee & jeans wearer, and are looking for a way to dress up the look, look no further. As mentioned in BP TV, flare jeans are back. 
Find a flattering cut (high waisted are even fun for a super seventies look) and pair with your most treasured tee's (tucked in!) and a favorite belt!
This pair of See Thru Soul Flare Leg Stretch Jeans are darling

Paired with your favorite comfy tee (I'm personally loving this Eye Shadow Crochet Trim Henley for a sophisticated twist, but any old henley will do!)

And here's where the oxfords come in. My current favorite pair are these Bronx 'Heather Bee' Oxfords, but a good two-tone never fails to set my heart a flutter!
Your look is completed with a sky-high messy bun and of course, bundled up in the warmest winter coat possible!
I hope this helped inspire you away from those winter blues, I'm off to do math homework now!
XO ROSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment