Wednesday, February 23, 2011

They Say You've Got Grit.


In following with my last post about the Oscars, I bring to you today... True Grit.
I'd been wanting to see this movie ever since I saw a behind the scenes feature in W Magazine with pictures that Jeff Bridges took during the shooting on his old film camera. I had just started falling in love with the desert and prarie-esque dresses, so what better thing to watch than a cowboy movie! 
Like most Oscar nominees, it was a very very good movie. In fact, I loved it. The a) art direction b) acting and c) music, all combined to make a very wonderful cinematic production! But, what I loved the most was Mattie Ross's style. Somehow she made a giant men's trench and belt, with a wide flat brimmed hat, and long long braids, look pretty cool. With that, I bring to you...
The Mattie Ross look.
(ps: the links will bring you to Mattie-inspired pieces in BP!)
STEP ONE: long braids.


STEP TWO: awesome boots paired with a longer length dress and tailored jacket.

STEP THREE: cool westerny hat


STEP FOUR: an oversized wool trench cinched with a wide leather belt.

STEP FIVE: true grit.
You don't have to look costume-y. In small doses, pieces of Mattie's look can seem totally 2011. A leather belt, combat boots, even just braids! Western is practically the next boho!
XO ROSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment