Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I went to University in NYC.


I interrupt Decade Week to bring to you....
Tales of New York City and Teen Vogue Fashion University!
I figured it was about time I shared this all with you. I went on a lovely trip to the Big Apple in October, to attend a little event called Teen Vogue FashionU! Basically, it's a weekend full of classes (and a few special events) by the industry's finest! What a wonderful way to experience New York for the first time! Extensive re-tellings and a plethora of photos of my journey can be found here, but in a nutshell....
First thing Saturday morning, after checking in and finding a seat in the crowded theater, everyone held their breaths in and held their cameras up for the first speaker of the event...
Anna Wintour!
(Editor in Chief of American Vogue)

(I realized my camera had a less than great zoom a little late, oops.)
Anna Wintour with Teen Vogue Editor, Amy Astley.
She was so eloquent, encouraging, and inspiring! Not nearly as icy as people make her sound.
My favorite things I learned from her... Always keep trying, never give up on your ambitions!
Still in shock and awe over our first speaker, we excitedly filed out to find our next class. My next seminar....
Erin Fetherston
(Designer)


About Erin: She has just designed a collection for Juicy Couture, which hadn't been released at the time, but is now available. My favorite of her collections is this one. And I feel like we are somehow best friends because they linked this blog post of mine on their facebook.
Erin turned out to be one of my favorite speakers of the entire day! She was so smart, honest, and encouraging! I maybe decided that I want to work there somehow, when I grow up.
Favorite things I learned from Erin... An education is oh so important!

I've decided it's funnest to spread the story out over time, so stay tuned for part two coming up on Friday! XO ROSIE
many more tales : here.

No comments:

Post a Comment